Our Written Service Standards and Guarantee
- If signs are permitted, we will erect a ‘For Lease’ sign on your property within 5 working days of listing.
- We will place a listing for your property on all major real estate websites.
- Your property will be accurately described and advertised as mutually agreed between us.
- We will conduct an unlimited number of private viewings of your property until the property is leased (subject to access provided to us by any current occupant). All viewing times will be published on the internet.
- All property viewings will be carried out by one of our representatives (we do not give out keys to prospective tenants).
- We will update you on the status of your property until such time as the property is leased.
Leasing Your Property
- All information and references provided by tenancy applicants will be verified by us within 48 hours of receipt.
- All tenancy applicants will be screened on the national tenancy database to which we subscribe.
- Unless instructed otherwise, all potentially suitable tenancy applications will be referred to you for a decision.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy.
- We will follow up all rent payments in accordance with our fully documented arrears process, and the requirements of the relevant legislation.
- Should your tenant go into arrears, we will contact you to seek your instructions regarding possible termination of the tenancy.
- Should termination of the tenancy be necessary, we will keep you informed throughout the legal process.
- You will be advised once the rent arrears have been paid by the tenant.
- All monies received by us will be banked into your nominated bank account.
Repairs and Maintenance
- We will not arrange any repairs to your property without your knowledge and approval (unless the repair is defined as “urgent” under the Residential Tenancies Act or costs less than the amount agreed in the Management Agency Agreement between us).
- We will attend to any “urgent” repair requests within 4 hours of receipt.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to obtain the best pricing for your repairs and maintenance.
- Only appropriately licensed and insured tradespeople will be used for any repairs or maintenance work performed on your property.
- We will provide you with a copy of invoices for all work arranged on your behalf for the property.
- Unless you instruct otherwise, we will offer the tenant a renewal of tenancy agreement for the same period as the initial agreement at the same rent (or a higher rent if the market justifies it).
- You will be advised if the tenant does not want to renew their tenancy agreement.
- Periodic Inspections
- We will carry out four periodic inspections of your property each year and provide you with a detailed report each time.
On receipt of a tenant vacating notice, we will:
- Advise you by phone, letter, fax or email.
- Confirm the details in writing to both you and the tenant.
- List the property on our website and put the agreed advertising plan into effect prior to your property being vacant.
- Prepare all necessary vacating documentation.
- Arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants.
After the tenant vacates the property:
- Complete final bond inspection.
- Process the tenant’s rental bond refund.
- If deductions from the rental bond are considered necessary, details will be provided to both you and the tenant.
- Complete all necessary documentation to finalise the rental bond.
Property Disbursements and Statements
- All agreed property disbursements will be paid on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds).
- Your Rent Statement will be sent to you within two working days of our monthly close off date.
- Your Rent Statement will be personally checked by your Property Manager prior to being forwarded to you.
- We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and Expenditure Statement within 30 days of the end of the Financial Year (if requested by you).
- We will provide all documentation in clear and concise English.
- We will ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
- All property condition reports will be comprehensively and accurately completed.
- All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be released to a third party without prior written authorisation.
- All updates and corrections advised to us will be recorded in our system within one working day.
- The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional practice will be conducted in compliance with the Code of Conduct of the Real Estate Institute of Australia.
If we fail to meet any of these standards, and we are notified in writing and we do not rectify the matter within two business days, we will manage your property fee-free for 3 months.
This Guarantee does not apply when:
- We are requested to carry out non-standard duties.
- Matters are outside our control. For example, a natural disaster or accident.